Another year has come and gone at the Lone Star Music Awards!
The awards were held again in San Marcos at The Marc.
I tried to keep up with all of the action over on the @KOKEFMAUSTIN Twitter page, which worked out pretty well for me because the place was crawling with Scenelebrity types and I tend to get super anxious when they out number me. Since I was “live tweeting” the show I had an excuse to sit in the corner with my nose in my phone and not have to “mingle”. (You get a few drinks in people and they seem to suddenly recall all the shit I talked about them and then it gets really uncomfortable…just kidding, not really.)
Sooooo…the winner were:
- Album of the Year – Jason Boland & The Stragglers “Dark & Dirty Mile”
- Song of the Year – William Clark Green “She Likes The Beatles”
- Songwriter of the Year – Jason Isbell
- Musician of the Year – Cody Braun
- Female Vocalist of the Year – Kacey Musgraves
- Male Vocalist of the Year – Cody Canada
- Venue of the Year – Cheatham Street Warehouse
- Live Act of the Year – Turnpike Troubadours
- Americana / Roots-Rock Album of the Year – Reckless Kelly “Long Night Moon”
- Singer-Songwriter / Folk Album of the Year – Guy Clark “My Favorite Picture of You”
- Producer of the Year – Lloyd Maines
- Album Artwork of the Year – Dierks Canada “Some Old, Some New, Maybe A Cover Or Two”
- Country Album of the Year – Bruce Robison & Kelly Willis “Cheaters Game”
- Emerging Artist of the Year – The Thieving Birds
- Hall of Fame Inductees – Kent Finay and Joe Ely
Another huge highlight for me was getting to meet Gill Webb!
I was happier than a baby in a barrel full of titties!
If you are asking yourself, self…who is Gill Webb…please allow me to introduce you!
I also got to meet Triggerman from Saving Country Music.com! He wasn’t scary and angry at all either! I don’t want to ruin his cred, but he was very nice and actually pleasant…and a lot younger than I imagined him to be. (He did a much more thorough recap of the night HERE.)
It was a great night, great music and a great crowd. I was honored to be a part of it and as always…congratulations to all of the nominees and the winners!
Until next year…