Ahhhh…I feel like I am so behind on everything. It is a tough, tough life not having a job and just playing on the internet all day long. I haven’t unpacked from Steamboat yet. I have a blog list of stuff to post that is literally 2 pages long. I am in the middle of doing a whole new re-vamp of the website, so I am pretty damned excited about that too.
The damned internet has been off and on in Shitville today and it is damn near about to drive me up the wall. I think that is proof positive that I am addicted to the internet, but just to be sure I took this online quiz:
Here is what to look for (3-4 yes responses suggest abuse; 5 or more suggest addiction):
• Increasing amounts of time spent on computer and internet activities
• Failed attempts to control behavior
• Heightened sense of euphoria while involved in computer and internet activities
• Craving more time on the computer and internet
• Neglecting friends and family
• Feeling restless when not engaged in the activity
• Being dishonest with others
• Computer use interfering with job/school performance
• Feeling guilty, ashamed, anxious, or depressed as a result of behavior
• Changes in sleep patterns
• Physical changes such as weight gain or loss, backaches, headaches, carpal tunnel syndrome
• Withdrawing from other pleasurable activities
I only had FOUR…so I am not technically ADDICTED to the internet, I just ABUSE it. Whew. The funny part is I had to get into the car and drive over my friend’s house tonight because her internet works and mine doesn’t. Don’t judge me.